Marketing and promoting your business does not have to cost a lot of money. Small businesses can promote their products and services for free or for very little if they can learn how to. This article will help you with ideas on how to market for free whether you are a services company or a physical products company.
Here are a few tips to help you market for free:
- Use local listing services – register your business on Google Places and make it easier to find on Google. Yahoo and Bing have similar services that are pretty straightforward to sign up for. Clients browsing related businesses online will stumble upon your listing as well.
- Use Classifieds like CraigsList, OLX, Gumtree, Backpage to your advantage. Most allow small businesses to list their services for free and is an easy and free way to get in front of people looking for what you are selling.
- Embrace social media – with the internet at our disposal, it has never been easier to gain exposure for one’s business. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others depending on your market and target group, are easy to create and manage. Creating content for them is a skill that may take some time to acquire, but once there, you’ll reap the benefits. Build an active and loyal social media following and you will definitely be able to sell more and you will be easier to reach as well.
- SEO your website – search engine optimization is a must for websites and businesses that want to rank higher on results pages. You can learn the ropes with some research into the topic but investing in this is advisable for search results.
- Join a marketplace – Amazon, Ebay and similar marketplaces are perfect to join if you are trying to sell a product and attract as many buyers as possible. They charge a fee for every sale made but the exposure you will get is well worth it as everyone browsing for your or related products will see your listing. This works for physical as well as digital products and services, the latter requiring listings on sites such as Angie’s List, Home Advisor etc.
The purpose of marketing is to reach as many prospective clients as possible. The more exposure you can give to your business and what you do, the better. We hope this article listing things you can do to market yourself for free was useful to help get you started.
For more information on marketplaces and marketing for free, check out http://bit.ly/market-free1