When it comes to social media, Twitter is a platform that should not be neglected, especially considering the number of users (320 million monthly active users) i.e. potential customers for your business. Small businesses use it to get some much needed traction, big brands to strengthen their relationship with customers and promote new products. The success of their content is measured by their Tweet engagement.
Before we go any further, here are two parameters you need to know:
- The number of characters is limited to 140. Any tweet you want to publish must fit within that limit. Some argue that for optimal results, tweets shouldn’t be more than 110 characters long (hashtags included!). URL shorteners are your best friends whenever you want to include links.
- The ultimate goal is Twitter engagement meaning that people favorite, retweet, respond to your tweets or click to any links/content you post. Ideally, this will bring more traffic to your website.
Many brands spend long hours crafting clever post ideas but they go down the News Feed in the blink of an eye if there is no engagement. Do not get discouraged. Keep working at it and as you refine your skills, your results will improve.
Here are a few tips on improving tweet engagement:
- Get visual – photos, videos and infographics get much more engagement than simple text tweets.
- Research and use appropriate hashtags.
- Post relevant content and keep new followers engaged as they tend to unfollow if you do not grab their attention quickly.
- Offer customer service.
Tools such as Twitter Analytics are of immense help. Twitter Analytics shows data about impressions of a 28 day period, engagement rate, content that got the most engagement, the type of engagement and much more.
For additional tips on improving tweet engagement, visit the detailed report at http://bit.ly/tweet-engagement1